Thursday, July 14, 2011

Today I made a Terrarium

What is a Terrarium???? A terrarium is a low-maintenance indoor garden that can be made out of any clear glass or plastic container. I fell inlove with them a couple of years ago when I saw these made by wee green spot. I've wanted to make one ever since and eventually found the perfect glass container for the job from Myer I think it was around $20 and is the brand Vue. I did some research as to how to put it together and found Burke's backyard the easiest way. You can look at the link here.
I wen't off to bunnings this afternoon and picked up 3 little succulents for less then $4 each, I chose a sedum little missy, cape blanco and gold mound.


Step 1- image on top left, I first placed small pebbles at the bottom of the container to assist with drainage. 
Step 2- image on bottom left, I then covered this with a thin layer of charcoal
Step 3- image on the right, I then planted the succulents, I also brought some special succulent potting mix but I didn't need as there was enough in the small pot's that the plants came in.

What do you think? I've put it on my dining room table but I may need to move it closer to the window so it get's full sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...