Monday, September 12, 2011

Book Club Review

"Salem's Lot" by Stephen King and "Stardust" by Neil Gaiman



This weekend our bookclub met up for breakfast and reviewed the above 2 books.

As for Salems Lot I enjoyed this book, it was written in the 70's and its unlike my normal vampire books (trueblood and twilight) I felt more scared reading this book then those and really I suppose it's truer to what i think vampires would be like if they existed. It was quite a long book and I did get a little bored in the middle I did like how he wrote though. I might try another of his books in the future when i feel like being scared again, it didn't have the warm fuzzy feeling at the end and what I imagined of good conquering evil but I don't want to give too much away. (for some reason this ones not rated yet)


I can't really comment on stardust as I was a super big slacko and only read 50 pages but so far it starts before the movie does. I'm going to try and get it read this week before our next book ("The Group" by Kathy McCarthy) arrives in the mail. 

We rated it 6.6/10

We also met up that evening to go and see "the Help" at the movies which we read back in April and really loved. I usually am always a tad disappointed with book/movie conversions but not at all with this movie I really LOVED it! It complimented the book in so many ways and included all the important parts without really missing anything! I cried more than once but It was great! Go and see it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...