Sunday, December 18, 2011

Baking With Millie

I finished up work for the year at the School I have been working at and I'm off to a new school next year. I wanted to make my faculty a little Christmas gift and thought Shortbread would make a nice gift. I love shortbread. I used to make shortbread all the time but haven't made it for a few years. I found this recipe in my mums better homes and gardens magazine and when I brought the western star butter it's actually printed on the butter wrapper. I was looking after Millie and Blair on Thursday night so it was a great activity to keep them occupied. (Blair just played with patty tins while Millie and I cooked)


Ingredients
250g Western Star butter
2/3 cup pure icing sugar
2 cups of plain flour
1 cup rice flour
1 tsp caster sugar, for sprinkling

Method
1. Process all ingredients (except caster sugar) in a food processor (I used my mix master as I don't have a food processor and it worked well)
2. press mixture together until it forms a dough
3. on a lightly floured board roll out dough until 5mm thick
4. using a cookie cutter (i chose stars and xmas trees) cut shapes from dough and transfer to a lightly greased and lined tray sprinkle with caster sugar bake at 160 degrees Celsius for 1/2 an hour (i finally have a new oven and it's fan forced it only took 18 minutes for mine to be cooked) you want them to be dry firm but still pale. Dust with extra icing sugar and serve.


I gifted them in a cello bag with some nice ribbon (forgot to photograph this) I think the faculty liked them! I'm going to miss them next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...