Thursday, July 12, 2012

Blair's Birthday Cake


I mentioned back here that June is crazy busy for Birthdays it ends with Little Blair's birthday on the 30th. This year she turned 2. She had a lovely party at her house with lots of deliscious food, a jumping castle and heaps of little kiddies! My contribution to her party was her birthday cake, some cupcakes and cake pops (her favourite). I was inspired by my engagement cake made by my dear friend casey you can see it here. But i didnt want it to be exactly the same soI decided to do different shades of pink. I found a recipe on "Call me cupcake" and followed it (except for the icing). I made two batches, so 8 layers in total.
And here's the gorgeous birthday girl



Vanilla cakefour 20 cm layers

•1/2 cup (113 grams) butter
•2 cups white sugar
•3 1/2 cups flour
•1 teaspoon salt
•3 teaspoons baking powder
•1 1/2 cups ice water
•1 teaspoon vanilla
•4 egg whites beaten stiff


Add sugar to the butter and beat until light. Sift dry ingredients and add alternately with ice water and flavourings, beating thoroughly after each addition. Fold in the beaten egg whites. Pour into greased layer pans and bake at 175 degrees C for about 30 minutes. (it was a bit less for me) I weighed out each layer and they were approx 340grams


2 comments:

  1. Love your blog....we made the strawberry jam on the weekend from my daughters Frankie magazine and decide I need to see if anyone else has made it and found YOU! Yahooooo....your cake is amazing ...off to follow you...{I have a few of my readers that want the recipe and I don't want to type it all out...can I link to your post?}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou koralee! How did your jam turn out? I'd be more than happy for you to link my blog! I'll head over and check your out too :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...