Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Vegie Patch

So as mentioned in an earlier blog entry when we got our new back fence I said I wanted a vegie patch. On friday afternoon I got home from work to a surprise as T had brought all the materials to build it! So on Saturday morning we got up early (when the soil got delivered) went out for our usual breakfast before voting then headed back home to build the patch.



We used treated pine as a frame purchased from bunnings


Three layers of pine, then we lined it with plastic so that the treatment in the pine
wouldn't hurt the soil, so much soil was shovelled.


The herbs and vegetables, I decided with a variety, Rosemary, Thyme, Mint, Basil (spicy and sweet), Lettuce, Dutch Carrots, Snow Peas, and Chilli all from Bunnings.


The finished product (looking a little droopy I'm hoping they pep up soon)

In the afternoon I decided to paint our old back door it had paint peeling everywhere, so after a light sand I painted it white, it's something we won't keep once we renovate but it needed to be jazzed up a little. These two kept me company.


Amy
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...